Thursday, May 24, 2007

And the Earth Human Insanity goes on....


Folks, I have to tell you, this post wasn`t even supposed to be here, I had another topic to talk about but I had to change my plans and leave that topic for another time. This morning I came across some news that just made me want to vomit. I have to confess that I usually do not get angry and I live a pretty stress free life for the most part, but when I read this amazing piece on the news I got a little upset. A 60 year old woman from New Jersey, named Frieda Birnbaum, gave birth to "twins" (boys) and is proudly announcing that she wants to be a role model for other women!?!? As if we already didnt have enough people on this planet to feed and deal with, now we have old unfit women giving birth, with the help of artificial fertilization, which should be totally prohibited for old women (trying to compensate for whatever existential issues and incompletion they have in their lives ) using unfit pregnancies to make statements. Besides being an extremely act of selfishness on this individual`s part, it is also tremendously inconsiderate to the planet Earth which is struggling to accommodate the excess 6.5 billion people living on Earth at the moment. In a planet (Earth) where the maximum population capacity should be around 500 million people, 6.5 billion people is way too much and it is causing the deterioration of our eco-system, food and water supplies, quality of life and all kinds of detrimental problems to the environment.
It makes me wonder what the government plans to do in order to deal with the overpopulation problem, so far it seems not to be a concern on their part. In the past, they actually tried to controll it with the creation of the HIV virus in the late 70`s, they thought it would take care of the excess population problem when they disseminated the virus disguised in hepatitis C vaccines, with the help of our own W.H.O (World Health Organization) in Africa... Needless to say that was a very stupid decision made by very stupid leaders, and we all know how that story turned out. I think if the government made it law not to allow artificial fertilization procedure to be performed in elderly women it would be a great start, I don't know, maybe set up an age limit for such procedure ?
What world leaders have to realize is that all the problems that our society faces today can be literally traced back to the overpopulation problem, think about it... Governments should make this issue a priority, if we are to have any chances of a better future. The way it looks right now, it seems that nobody is concerned and Earth society`s future is gloomy. I have been wanting to talk about the overpopulation problem and its impact on us for a long time, today when I saw the news about this 60 year old woman giving birth I knew I had to get it out of my chest and at least start saying something. It is ridiculous that procedures like these are allowed to happen, what is it going to be like for these children, mothered by 65 + year old women, growing up? What is the mother going to say when her 10 year old asks her to play with him in the yard? Wait son, let me get my cruches so that I can chase you around more easily, or " I cant son, my hips are acting up today..." That is not what a kid expects to hear from their moms, period. I mean, it`s nonsense, it`s selfish and it`s flat out INSANE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your disdain for what this 60 year old woman did. I disagree that there should be a law prohibiting this. If you enact that law, then what is to say someone wouldn't propose a law to abort all handicapped babies or prevent couples with certain prepensities for cancer or downs syndrome to procreate?
Laws are not the answer for this type of thing, never have been, never will be.

The man behind the blog said...

I dont want to get side tracked here on this subject, but ok, instead of calling it LAW, let`s call it a "Code of Medical Ethics", that apparently seems to be non-existant nowadays (e.g.teenagers getting comestic plastic surgeries). The bottom line here with this issue is : 60 year old women should NOT get pregnant, there`s a reason for MENOPAUSE, and that`s nature`s way of saying : Woman, you are no longer FIT to procreate, end of story ! As for abortion and all that other stuff, I just will not get into that right now.

My favorite books !!

  • Body Mind Balancing (by Osho)
  • The Gods of Eden
  • The Biology of Belief
  • And Still They Fly
  • The Pleiadian Mission
  • Defending Sacred Ground
  • The Invitation
  • Way of the Peaceful Warrior
  • The Gaya Project 2012
  • Natural Cures "They dont want you to know about"

My favorite movies !!

  • The Obama Deception
  • America Freedom to Fascism
  • Zeitgeist The Movie
  • Sicko
  • The Secret
  • Farenheit 911
  • Bowling for Columbine
  • The Pursuit of Happiness
  • Peaceful Warrior
  • The Celestine Prophecy
  • What the bleep do we know?